*The company can consider flexible workings options*
This is a great opportunity for a Software Developer to join an exciting company that aim to transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the development of precision treatments and ground-breaking liquid biopsy technologies. Their tests unlock essential genomic information from a simple blood test and allow clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for their patients.
They are dynamic and innovative, focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. Their exceptional team of talented and driven individuals work together to combine their energy and expertise in world-class research, product development and commercialization to bring new tests to the patients that need them.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate closely with other teams, especially with Pipeline and Software Development Teams.
- Document software testing plans and protocols covering software verification and validation activities.
- Translate software requirements /specifications into test protocols.
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Contribute and maintain verification and validation reports, documenting the outcomes of software testing activities.
- Contribute and maintain traceability between software requirements and verification/validation.
- Provide regular feedback on software development and test progress, including providing metrics on development timelines, test execution, quantity and severity of software defects and other relevant information.
- Research current technology methodologies / trends to support their system.
- Work with Head of Bioinformatics and IT departments to develop test strategies.
- Design, develop and improve automation scripts and testing environments.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Contribute to risk management activities associated with the Software Development process (Hazard Analysis, FMEA, Defect risk analysis).
- Understand the importance of the proper handling and disposal of ePHI and agrees to follow HIPAA/GDPR Regulations.
The company is looking for someone with the following skills/qualifications:
- Master’s degree or graduate degree in computer sciences or related field
- Prior experience in a software development role or similar role
- Software development experience in industry (Essential Python experience)
- Experience working in a software development role within a regulated environment, ideally within the medical device sector, however aerospace and automotive are also highly desirable fields.
- Experience with Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, and System Validation (Essential)
- Prior knowledge and experience adhering to Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Experience working with a RDBMS (Desired MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in Linux/Unix system environment (Desired)
- Some experience in full stack software development (Desired)
- Knowledge of defect tracking & test case management tools (Desired Jira, Trac, QC, Bugzilla etc.)
- Experience of working with next generation sequence data analysis is desired
- Knowledge of Web-services, Object-Oriented Programming Concepts (Desired)
- Practical experience of implementing the requirements of ISO 62304 and FDA guidance on software validation, or equivalent industry standard.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role then please get in touch with Sabrina Deo at email@example.com