Computational Biologist – Graduate – Oxford
Oxford *Hybrid working options*
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to join a well-established leading provider of clinical research and diagnostics solutions. This team in Oxford is looking for a passionate computational biologist to join their growing team.
The company’s mission is to aid in the development and progression of genetic-based medicine to allow clinicians and doctors to make the right treatment decisions for patients. As a company they cover lots of therapeutic areas including cancer and rare diseases.
The position will report to the Head of Data Analysis and be an integral part of the Computational Biology team. Your role will include involvement in the provision of data analysis processes and development and wider organizational data analysis requirements.
- Involvement in data analysis workflows for NGS data (including developing, testing and maintaining analysis)
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of new analytical methods
- Delivering high-quality prototypes within deadlines
- Conducting testing and validation strategies for newly designed methods
- Integrating NGS data analysis workflows into existing and future company products
- Providing first line NGS data analysis support to R&D
- Exploring novel tools and approaches and sharing expertise with the rest of the team
- Liaising with customers as appropriate
- Troubleshooting for NGS data analysis related matters
Ideally you will have;
- A master’s degree or equivalent in related field (e.g Comp Bio / Bioinformatics etc)
- Experience using computational tools and data analyses (Particularly in NGS)
- Understanding of molecular biology
- Knowledge and understanding of modern programming languages such as Python and/or R
- Previous experience working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Have good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Be an effective communicator both in writing and verbally
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to gain great industry skills and experience to benefit their career long term. The company are offering flexible/hybrid working, enhanced pension scheme, private health insurance, private dental insurance, and many more benefits and perks.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Computational Biology / Computational Biologist / Comp Bio, Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / NGS / Sanger Sequencing / Next generation sequencing / Python / R / Data science / Biotech / Biotechnology / Graduate / Data analysis / R+D / Cancer / Oncology / Rare disease