Technical Writer – Biotech
This up-and-coming biotech are looking for a technical writer to join their growing team in Cambridge. This company have bases in both Spain and England and this position will be based at their Cambridge site.
This young biotech focuses on aiding the development of feasible solutions for genomic data benefiting hospitals, healthcare organisations and pharmaceutical companies. They are currently in a very exciting growth phase and so are seeking a talented technical writer to join their growing team in Cambridge.
With assistance from the CTO this role will work within the professional services team creating documentation to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction. Your role will be to take raw material from quality assurance notes and engineers and turn this into accessible, digestible, and engaging material.
The work includes writing, reviewing and documentation of a range of materials such as;
- End user guides
- Administration manuals
- Training materials
- Graphics and videos
- Website copy
- Blog posts
- Case studies, white papers, press releases
- Scientific publications
Ideally you will have these skills;
- PhD or equivalent in relevant subject
- Background in biomedical sciences / bioinformatics / genomics (Education or work experience)
- A track record in scientific communication / have written technical documentation before
- A portfolio of previous work is desirable
- Exceptional written English skills
- It is desirable if you have an understanding of the technologies used within the company eg Python, R, big data and cloud computing technologies.
This is a fast growing company that is open to development and values the adoption of best practice as early as possible. If you are looking to make your mark on a young biotech then this could be an amazing opportunity for you.
They are offering a competitive salary, if you would like to know more about this role please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Technical writer / medical writer / scientific publications / professional services / biotech / science / bioinformatics / genomics / software / python / R / big data / SaaS / cloud technologies / Cambridge