Chemist – RNA Therapeutics – Cambridge
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a DNA / RNA Chemist to join a young, growing, and innovative biotech company based in Cambridge. The company has a truly collaborative and creative culture, they are pushing the boundaries of innovation and performing cutting-edge research.
In this role you will work in a multidisciplinary research environment, and you will be responsible for exploring nucleic acid therapies through synthetic biology and AI approaches. You will work to enhance RNA stability and improve cell delivery, as well as develop unique therapeutic platforms to discover new RNA molecules.
- Develop innovative, high throughput, orthogonal chemical synthesis methods to generate massive amounts of data for AI algorithms.
- Utilise variety of purification and analytical techniques to evaluate the purity and structural integrity of newly synthesised oligonucleotides
- Developing high-throughput assays and contribute to the construction of therapeutic pipeline and chemistry facilities.
- Collaborate to design biochemical assays and understand the structure-activity relationship and therapeutic implications of RNA modalities
- Generate libraries of therapeutic RNA and generate the data for AI algorithms
- PhD in nucleic acid chemistry, peptide chemistry or synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience within industry
- Strong understanding of nucleic acid modalities, modifications, and conjugation chemistry
- Strong collaboration and ability to work cross-functionally, Creativity, thinking out-side-the-box.
- Knowledge in a range of molecular biology assays relevant for nucleic acids
- Track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications or patent applications1
If you are a passionate Chemist with the drive to work for a company whereby you will have significant input into projects, then please apply now. For more information, please contact Lauren Gripton at Paramount Recruitment –email@example.com
Keywords: DNA, RNA, nucleic acid, nucleic acids, phd, scientist, chemist, chemistry, molecular, biology, assay ,assays, drug discovery, therapeutics.