Data Engineer-Architect Berlin!
The client is looking for a Data Engineer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining data structures to power the engineering cycle going on in the laboratory and in the minds of their scientists. You will interface together with biochemists, automation engineers, and computational scientists to deploy these new solutions, which span from DB architecture to ETL crafting to finding the best ways to capture data through a fermentation process. You will have the opportunity to shape their data management architecture and help establish best practices for the introduction of new technology and processes within the company.
You will be one of the early employees, having an outsized impact, shaping the company through your efforts, scientific experience and industry expertise.What you will do
- You will expand and optimize their data pipeline architecture, as well as the flow and collection of data across different teams. This includes: automating manual processes, building ETLs, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, and improving reliability and accuracy.
- You will support their scientific computing initiatives to ensure architecture consistency throughout on-going projects.
- You will build dashboards for team members to visualise and analyse their data
- You will work with several of their teams (laboratory or computational) to assist with related technical issues and infrastructure needs.
- You will also be tasked with keeping their data secure.
YOUR PROFILE They are looking for candidates that are proficient in data stack engineering and production-level software-engineering technologies, at the interface with biology and material science.What they think is important:
What they also like in applicants:
- MS in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ year of programming experience in an industry-like environment: usage of a version control software, production code vs development code, CI/CD integration
- Experience with cloud deployment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Keen interest in keeping up robust software engineering standards, and maintaining and continuously improving a complex code infrastructure
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work within a collaborative environment where your voice will be heard
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in things we enjoy working with: Python, Git, Docker, (no-)SQL frameworks
- Statistical skills, with data science and/or machine learning experience is a plus
- Good self governance in planning, prioritizing and implementing, using discretion and independent judgment within broadly defined practices
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Desire to learn new things
WHAT THEY OFFER In addition to a competitive salary and equity package, you can expect the following:
- Flexible working hours (useful when you need to compose with kids!)
- Learning & Development Program for all their team members
- Regular team events
- Exchange with other sister companies
- Passionate lunch discussions about random topics from space glue to the differentiation of the pistachio nut
- Ugly holiday sweater competitions
- Free drinks, fruit, and breakfast (to keep your brain fed!)
For more information regarding this exciting opportunity, contact Seema Rana on t:
+44 (0)121 616 3404 | m:
+44 (0)7985 635091 or email firstname.lastname@example.org