Associate Director Computational Biology – Germany
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director Computational Biology to join a world-renowned pharmaceutical company based in Southern Germany.
As the Associate Director you will be responsible for driving projects forward in the therapeutic areas of Immunology & Respiratory Diseases and Cancer Immunology Research by combining scientific excellence with a goal- and stakeholder orientated mindset. To further expand this global portfolio, this position collaborates and interacts with stakeholders and colleagues across global sites.
- Execution of Computational Biology activities to drive discovery research and portfolio projects
- Together with your experienced team of Scientists you partner on target portfolios in different Therapeutic Areas (TA) and actively contribute to our computational strategy
- Using machine learning approaches and integration of data from multiple different sources you enable “in silico first” target identification projects.
- Whilst being the key interface partner between our Computational Biology department, external collaborators and relevant project teams in the TAs, you play a key role in the experimental design, hypothesis generation and project coordination concerning bioinformatics upstream- and downstream analysis.
- As one of our key leaders in Computational Biology you and your team will also perform novel ‘omics approaches’ which will be integrated into standard workflows
- Doctoral degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, (Bio)physics/-mathematics, Biochemistry/Biology required or similar with strong quantitative focus and high level of competency
- Extensive experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Extensive experience in omics data analysis (especially RNAseq / scRNAseq)
- Knowledge of Immunology & Respiratory Diseases and Cancer Immunology would be an advantage
- Several years of professional expertise in leading scientific staff and project management
- An established reputation in the field of computational biology, systems biology or alike including a network of national and international collaborations
- A strong publication record
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills in English
This is a highly challenging, strategic role offering a competitive remuneration package and some great benefits such as life insurance, pension, bonus scheme and excellent relocation allowance. Please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Gripton at firstname.lastname@example.org / + 44 (0) 121 616 3465
Keywords: Principal, Director, Scientist, Bioinformatics, Computational, Biology, Pharma, Genomics, Human, Genetics, Transcriptomics, RNA, Single, Cell, Omics, Oncology, Cancer, Respiratory, Immunology, Pipelines, R.