Senior Computational Biologist
I am working with a global diagnostics genomic provider in Oxford who is looking fo a Senior Computational Biologists to join their research and development team.
This role will be reporting into the Head of Data Analysis and you will play an integral role in the Computational Biology team, being involved in the provision of NGS pipeline development and maintenance to support R&D and broader organisational data analysis requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include NGS pipeline development, methods testing / validation and occasional data analysis.
- Manage Next Generation Sequencing analysis pipelines, including; designing new methods, implementing testing and validation strategies.
- Documenting all processes to a high standard.
- Manage the scientific software packages used by the NGS analysis pipelines.
- Supporting infrastructure projects with mid to long term deliverables
Ideally you will have;
- A Master’s degree or PhD or equivalent in related field (e.g Computational Biology / Bioinformatics etc)
- Demonstrable experience of developing, testing and managing NGS analysis pipelines .
- A strong background in computational methods.
- Strong working knowledge of NGS command-line tools.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Good knowledge of building and running docker containers.
- Experience using Git or other version control systems.
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies.
The company can offer 3 days home working and 2 days office, enhanced pension scheme, private health insurance, private dental insurance, and many more benefits and perks.
These are urgent roles for the company so if you are interested in discussing this further then please send your CV to Sabrina Deo at email@example.com