Senior Data Scientist
I am working with a biotech company in Oxford who is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their team. The company develop novel targets for unmet medical needs in chronic diseases and they use the insights they generate to develop better medicines for treating diseases, to improve the diagnosis of patients and inform the selection of the most effective treatments for individuals.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a Data Scientist to join their team. They are looking for someone to work in a quantitative researcher that develops programs and algorithms to identify novel correlations within large and complex life science and healthcare datasets.
- Working on core analytical platforms, improving performance and pushing edge-case boundaries
- Develop new computational tools and algorithms for diverse datasets in complex disease analysis
- Delving into new and existing datasets to explain and explore data composition structure and sparsity
- Collaborating closely with bioinformaticians to design and develop new tools and products
- Analysis, interpreting and communication the results of product testing
- MSc or PhD in a relevant technical field or experience in a relevant role
- Experience with developing computational tools, preferably in Python (including numpy, sklearn).
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of statistics (ideally bio-statistics), data clustering techniques and graph analysis
- Ability to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches
If you are interested in finding out more about this company and role then please get in touch with Sabrina Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org