Lead Bioinformatician- Target Discovery
I am working with a biotechnology company in Cambridge who is looking for a Lead Bioinformatician to join their team. They are an innovative company with diverse staff who are passionate about realising the power of 3D genomics by developing new cutting-edge technologies for therapeutic discoveries.
They are looking for a Senior Bioinformatician looking for the next step to lead a technology team tackling complex data analysis problems across the spectrum of R&D. You will be working with a multi-disciplinary team to solve research problems combining data science and machine learning expertise.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Line management of data analysis team
- Assessment and development of statistical algorithms and methodology
- Implementation of bioinformatics/ statistical/ computational procedures across bioinformatics platforms
- Lead on statistical & bioinformatics analysis and visualisation projects
- Lead on machine learning and AI products especially focussed on target or biomarker discovery
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mathematical and statistical science that will cover biostatistics, bioinformatics and machine learning applications. Previous experience in target or biomarker discovery would be highly advantageous to the role. The candidate will be responsible for the team assessing and developing quantitative approaches across the entire spectrum of activities and technology roadmap.
- Previous experience working in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Target discovery/identification experience
- Computational/programming background- Python, R, Julia
- Experience with NGS platforms
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and company please get in touch with Sabrina Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org