I am working with a Series-A funded biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge who have developed an exciting proprietary technology platform which they are applying to high-value drug targets. They are looking to expand operations significantly in the next few years to increase their internal drug discovery pipeline and big pharmaceutical partnerships.
They are looking for a bioinformatician to help develop their chemoproteomics platform. Their unique drug discovery technology is enabled by their bioinformatics and chemoproteomics teams. This role will be responsible for maintaining and developing their chemoproteomics data analysis pipelines and databases as well as analysing data to find new drug development opportunities.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain a chemoproteomics data analysis pipeline.
- Develop and maintain a database of chemoproteomics data and a web application.
- Query and analyse chemoproteomic data, including integration with external data, to select novel drug development opportunities.
- PhD graduate in computational biology, bioinformatics or a related subject with experience of proteomics data analysis OR MSc in bioinformatics or related subject + 1 years’ work experience
- Experience needed with analysis of mass spectrometry based proteomics data using tools such as MaxQuant, MSFragger, ProteomeDiscoverer.
- Experience needed querying, and preferably developing, SQL databases using ORM tools such as SQLAlchemy.
- Preferably experience of developing web dashboards and applications for displaying omic data using tools such as Flask and R/Shiny
- Intermediate or expert level in Python. Preferably with experience of SQL and web development frameworks such as SQLAlchemy and Flask.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and company please send your CV to Sabrina at firstname.lastname@example.org