This is a great opportunity for a strong software engineer/ developer with extensive experience within bioinformatics to join a world-leading genomics organisation in London. You will be responsible for developing and operating digital products aimed at solving a wide variety of bioinformatics needs in genomic medicine by crafting production quality code.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Produce high quality code
- Be a proactive member of a squad, adopting agile practices, offering subject matter expertise
- Perform computational analyses for a range of projects
- Implement software solutions for high-throughput sequencing data analysis and genome analysis and interpretation (long-read sequencing)
- Establish general bioinformatics resources for day-to-day use by colleagues
- Contribute to the team’s continuous improvement efforts
- Ensure that they adhere to the various standards and accreditations required for both clinical laboratory practice and software delivery
- Work with the engineering chapter to ensure adherence to software engineering standards and best practices.
- Know and understand the meaning behind our virtues of Empathy, Integrity, Focus, Connection, Speed, Curiosity, Impact and embody them in all aspects of your role.
Essential Skills Required Include:
- Excellent Python coding skillset
- Solid skillset in Bioinformatics, understanding of the standards, data sources and tool chains used in NGS and clinical genomics
- Proficient in Linux, Git, Postgres (or similar RDBMs)
- Solid expertise of developing production quality algorithms and software to analyse large data sets
- A demonstrable ability to cope under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible and co-operative approach to colleagues
- Ability to work independently and to show initiative within a team
- Ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience working in agile environments and demonstrable effectiveness working in agile squads
- Experience in building code using CI/CD
Desirable Skills Required Include:
- Experience in building code using DevOps practices
- Experience building microservices
- Experience in Django
- Experience of NoSQL databases such as HBASE, Solr/ElasticSearch
- Experience in genomic data analysis and visualisation
There are some great benefits on offer with this role including the opportunity to work with one of the most ground-breaking genomics organisations in the country. There is a substantial pension scheme, competitive salary and generous holiday allowance.
Please do not hesitate to contact Sabrina Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Bioinformatics, Software, Developer, Engineer, Genomics, Computational, Analysis, Pipelines, NGS, Linux, Python, Git, PostgreSQL, Django, NoSQL, CI, CD, DevOps, Algorithms, London.