Senior DevOps Engineer
Cambridge- Biotech- Computational Genomics
They are a dynamic and innovative company focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in liquid biopsies.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will develop and maintain all cloud infrastructure, automation and integration across systems, manage code workflows and take active part in software release activities.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and improving the company’s current cloud-based infrastructure, as well as working closely with their developers (a mix of software developers and bioinformatics) on the code changes required for their releases.
- You will also be acting as a point of escalation for the UK and a mentor for more junior team members.
- Will be plenty of greenfield work for you, although they will require a large amount of brownfield and user support (their users are all tech-savvy, and they are all developers) as well.
- You’ll be taking active part, carry out and ideally lead some of their releases, this will involve attending release planning meetings, communicating appropriately with team members, other developers, Product Management and Product Development.
- You will also need to produce clear documentation for your work as needed.
Key Technical Requirements:
- Bachelors/master’s in computer science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer working with:
- - Linux systems and bash scripting
- - AWS
- - Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Terraform Cloud, Terragrunt
- - Configuration-as-code tools such as Ansible
- - Version control such a git
- - CI/CD pipelines such as bitbucket pipelines, CircleCI, Jenkins
- Experience with the Atlassian cloud suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with monitoring and altering solutions such as Prometheus, Cloudwatch, Grafana.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working closely with Software developers and Bioinformatics
- Previous coding experience is a plus (python preferred), but basic coding understanding and deployment troubleshooting skills are a must
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and company, please contact Sabrina Deo at email@example.com