Statistical Genomics- Bioinformatics Scientist
Cambridge Biotech- Flexible working
The company is looking for strong PhD graduates with a strong statistical background.
This is a great opportunity to join the R&D Computational Biology group. They are a dynamic and innovative company focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in liquid biopsies.
This role will involve the understanding and application of statistical methodologies to genomic data sets for the analysis of NGS cancer genomics data, biomarker development, innovative algorithm design and optimisation of the company’s technology.
- Contribute to the development of novel methodologies and algorithms for the analysis of circulating tumour DNA
- Develop and implement statistical algorithms for the analysis of genomic data sets, such as variant calling, background model estimation or scoring methods
- Carry out data analysis for scientific or clinical studies.
- Develop production ready, regulatory compliant code in partnership with the software development team.
- Provide support to clinical, business development and other departments for novel and existing products
- PhD in the field of statistical genetics, physics, computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, mathematical biology or relevant experience
- Significant work experience in statistics/ mathematics and applying statistical techniques to biological problems
- Working knowledge of next generation sequence data analysis
- Experience in novel algorithm development, data mining and machine learning
- Scientific programming experience, including proficiency in R or Python
- Experience with Unix environment, high-performance computing, AWS and common bioinformatics tools and resources
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and company then please feel free to get in touch with Sabrina Deo at email@example.com