Head of Computational Biology – Germany
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Head of Computational Biology to join a world-renowned pharmaceutical company based in Germany. This is a business-critical role and will suit an expert leader (at VP or Head / Senior Director level), who is going to embrace visibility globally and look to have a huge impact on setting the stage across multiple therapeutic areas.
As the Head Computational Biology you will lead and coordinate activities at the company’s major research site. Thus, you will represent computational biology in the global computational biology Leadership Team and locally in senior committees.
- To utilize in-silico methods for research strategically, you will have co-responsibility in agreement with the DR Therapeutics Area Heads to prioritize the portfolio of computational biology activities/areas of focus. You will ensure that these are embedded within the larger global strategy.
- You will be accountable for deploying and managing resources for dedicated therapeutic areas, providing feedback to project teams, and actively participating in senior leadership committees.
- You will maintain current collaborations and scout for new opportunities with maximum impact on the portfolio. In this context, you will define top-level topics of interest for collaborations (e.g., gaps in data landscape, specific computational methods).
- Moreover, you will be responsible for implementing and driving the adoption of FAIR principles and new (virtual) ways of working.
- You will be accountable for high levels of team development (including hiring, onboarding, and training).
- Postgraduate degree (PhD / Postdoc) in genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, system biology research, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- Long-term experience as a computational biology expert sitting in senior level positions within the pharmaceutical industry (ideally at VP / Senior Director/ Global Head level)
- Solid understanding of disease areas and will have lead drug discovery pipelines
- Broad experience and knowledge in Computational Biology Research and Development
- International and interdisciplinary knowledge/skills addressing discovery research computational biology and data science initiatives
- Knowledge of various common large public datasets and computational methods
- Several years’ experience and established track record in managing teams, including leading leaders.
This is a highly challenging, strategic role offering a competitive remuneration package and some great benefits such as life insurance, pension, bonus scheme and excellent relocation allowance. Please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Gripton at email@example.com for more information.
Keywords: Principal, VP, Vice president, Head, Director, computational biologist, strategy, Bioinformatics, Computational, Biology, Pharma, Genomics, Data.