Lead Medicinal Chemist – Remote UK – Homebased
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Medicinal Chemistry Lead to join an innovative biotech company in a remote, home-based capacity in the UK. The company are at the forefront of their research area, and they have a strong pipeline including exciting strategic collaborations with big pharma.
As a Medicinal Chemist you will oversee multiple programmes for the discovery of small molecule mRNA drugs. Working with global collaborators to develop internal pipelines and partnering with big pharma on novel translation targets. Main Responsibilities:
- Delivery of impactful results that increase medicinal chemistry visibility on integrated drug discovery projects.
- Support project SAR development through conscientious application of medicinal chemistry knowledge.
- Able to critically analyze program data, independently derives SAR understanding, and generates critical hypotheses to address project challenges.
- Working with external CRO’s on synthetic chemistry route design.
- Contemporary synthetic chemistry expertise to allow delivery of key target molecules.
- Internally and externally able to influence project direction and present medicinal chemistry results.
- Contribute to matrix team discussions on the significance of data.
The role is purely office based with no laboratory work.
- PhD in Medicinal chemistry or other relevant chemical disciplines
- Circa 5+ years’ industrial experience of managing integrated drug discovery programmes
- Expertise in drug design and a thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Understanding of DMPK (ADME-T) and how it effects series progression
- Problem solver, dynamic, team player
- An understanding of both target-based and phenotypic screening projects would be an advantage
If you are an experienced Medicinal Chemist with a passion for drug discovery, who is looking to join a company with innovative science, then please apply now. For more information please contact Lauren Gripton at Paramount Recruitment – 0121 616 3465 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words- med chem, medicinal chemistry, medicinal chemist, Principal Chemist, Senior Chemist, chemistry, adme, dmpk, synthetic, phd, post-doctoral, ph.d