Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
A fantastic opportunity to join a biotechnology company in Cambridge who is looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to add to their team.
I am working with a biotechnology company in Cambridge who is looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join their team. They are an innovative company with diverse staff who are passionate about realising the power of 3D genomics by developing new cutting-edge technologies for therapeutic discoveries.
They are looking for a highly motivated Senior Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team and assist in the integration of their assay with other epigenetic and transcriptomic datasets. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to extract biological insights from multiomics data and apply findings to therapeutic or diagnostic applications.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and conducting integrative genomics analyses
- Performing detailed analysis of therapeutic targets or biomarkers identified by the platform
- Communicate biological insights derived from multiomic analyses
The company is looking for someone with the following:
- PhD or equivalent experience in biological or quantitative subject area with a strong focus on biological data analysis
- Post-doctoral or equivalent experience in academia, pharma or biotech
- Hands-on analysis of next generation sequencing datasets- Hi-C, ATAC-seq, bulk RNA seq, single cell seq, Chip seq and methylation sequencing
- Integration of large-scale functional genomics data to find insights
- Experience working with public datasets such as Genomics England, UK biobank
- Expertise in at least one of the languages - Python, R or Julia
- Experience working in target or biomarker discovery would be advantageous
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and company, please send your CV to Tatiana at firstname.lastname@example.org