Temporary – Up to 6 months – To start as soon as possible
A great opportunity has become available for a Lab Assistant to join a biotechnology company in Cambridge, UK. This is a global cancer genomics company that uses blood tests to transform the lives of cancer patients.
In the role of a Lab Assistant you will be responsible for accurately accessioning incoming specimens into the Laboratory Information System. This includes receiving and opening packages, accessioning requisition information into laboratory LIS, application of barcodes to sample tubes and ensuring samples are ready for processing in the laboratory. You will be also responsible for initial processing of blood samples to plasma for DNA extraction.
- Experience processing human samples in a Clinical Laboratory setting, including the processing and handling of blood, tissue, FFPE tissue, and other body fluids
- Experience in a production laboratory setting handling large sample numbers
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Applications
- Data entry experience with Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and/or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Requires a High School diploma or GED Associates Degree or higher preferred
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a data entry/specimen processing role
- Read and execute all SOPs related to duties performed
- Perform specimen processing/order entry/accessioning functions
- Receive and accession incoming mail and packages in the laboratory
- Label specimens and order documents with unique barcodes
- Enter order and specimen information into LIS & LIMS
- Scan all supporting documentation
- Link samples to appropriate queues
- Coordinate resolution of incomplete orders
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss further details, please send your CV to Tatiana as email@example.com and arrange a time to speak.