Laboratory Inventory Assistant
Temporary – To start as soon as possible
A great opportunity has become available for a Laboratory Inventory Assistant to join a biotechnology company in Cambridge, UK. This is a global cancer genomics company that uses blood tests to transform the lives of cancer patients.
As a Laboratory Inventory Assistant you will assist the department in performing various basic laboratory procedures to maintain appropriate reagent and supply inventory to facilitate production. This is an entry level position in the clinical laboratory.
- Order, sort and receive inventory from the warehouse
- Maintain department inventory and order supplies as needed
- Drive organisation of reagents and supplies within the department
- Perform inventory cycle counts as needed
- Record required information in laboratory logbooks, specimen accession sheets, workflow drafts etc. to ensure quality assurance of reagents/supplies
- Prepare reagents for laboratory procedures as directed under supervision
- Participate in QA activities as assigned
- Maintain files for department records and perform various filing, mailing, and copying tasks
- Dispose of biohazardous material according to procedures
- Complete training and competency checklists
- High School Diploma or equivalent with emphasis on science courses
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar capacity and have knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic understanding of laboratory techniques
- Basic understanding of MS Office programs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Prior experience in a biohazard environment and ability to comply with safety policies and standards
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss further details, please send your CV to Tatiana as firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a time to speak.