Clinical Laboratory Technologist II
To start as soon as possible
Tuesday to Saturday
A great opportunity has become available for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist II to join a biotechnology company in Cambridge, UK. This is a global cancer genomics company that uses blood tests to transform the lives of cancer patients.
As a Clinical Laboratory Technologist II, you will work under minimal supervision and consistently demonstrate a superior ability to execute a higher quantity or greater diversity of intricate and challenging tasks and assignments compared to the tasks of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist I. This position is recognised as the intermediate level within the Technologist job category.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all core responsibilities of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist I
- Consistently and independently perform more complex level of clinical tests
- Assume initiative for prompt and accurate performance of test results with appropriate documentation of result
- Perform newly introduced tests to the laboratory
- Display proficiency in all applicable areas of testing in the department, including troubleshooting all applicable instruments/procedures
- Utilise the knowledge and familiarity with CAP/CLIA requirements
- Participate in continuing education; present periodic in-service programs
- Either a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or similar field such as chemical, physical or biological sciences with 1 year of laboratory experience or training
- Exhibit expertise in all primary duties expected of a Clinical Laboratory Technologist I
- Have a solid understanding of general laboratory techniques with emphasis on department specific techniques
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Good visual acuity including colour perception required for certain departments
If you are interested in this role and would like to discuss further details, please send your CV to Tatiana as firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a time to speak.