Bioinformatics Pipeline Tester / Developer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Post-Doc/PhD Graduate to join the R&D computational biology group as a Bioinformatics pipeline developer and tester. This exciting company aim to transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the development of precision treatments and ground-breaking liquid biopsy technologies.
This position will be in the newly formed pipeline development team over seeing the creation and maintenance of the company's production pipelines. The candidate will work closely with the bioinformatics, software development and system administration teams to develop new pipelines into robust and scalable products. The position offers the exciting opportunity to work at the frontier of liquid biopsy-based cancer diagnostics, through entire product development pipeline from concept, clinical validation, to commercial product.
Key Responsibilities Include:
*Design, implement, improve and maintain computational infrastructure for automated software testing for all testing levels
* Be responsible for planning, coordination and execution of software validation and verification activities for product releases and deliver of associated reports
* Work closely with pipeline developers to ensure test driven development practices are being followed and tests are implemented to a standard
* Contribute to pipeline and computational infrastructure design and code development and code review
* Work in close collaboration with DevOps, Software Development and QA teams
* MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related fields
* Experience with software test development and packaging in Python
* Experience with Unit, Integration, Systems and Acceptance testing and use of Continuous Integration tools
* Experience with Bash and Linux command line
* Experience with developing bioinformatics pipelines for NGS data processing and analysis
This is a great opportunity for a graduate or post-doctoral researcher to join this innovative team in Cambridge. They are offering a competitive salary, private healthcare, bonus and pension scheme.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email email@example.com or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords: Bioinformatician / Bioinformatics / tester / Developer / Development / Software / Python, R / Cloud / AWS / Azure / Genomics / Data Science / NGS / Clinical / Next Generation Sequencing / Linux / HPC / Liquid biopsy / Computer Science / ISO 13485 / Pipeline Developer / software developer / Cambridge / Cambridgeshire