This young Cambridge based biotech are looking for an experienced Bioinformatician to join their growing team. They are a functional genomics company looking at three-dimensional genome folding.
This will be a hands-on role, where you will lead by doing, with a strong focus on data exploration. You will be developing the biology behind the science through the lens of data science and target identification.
Your responsibilities may include
• Lead on Bioinformatics, Statistics and visualisation programmes
• Develop new strategies for target discovery / biomarker discovery
• Contribute and oversee scientific design both for technology development and biological insight end-points
• Produce professional reporting outputs for internal research and external collaborations.
• Building cases and narratives to demonstrate the value of targets with data.
• Line management responsibilities
Ideally you will have
• A strong background in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology including a number of years in industry
• Genomics background and understand of sequencing technologies
• Up to date target identification knowledge
• Knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python / R / Julia
• Knowledge of version control systems like GitHub
• Experience leading a team in industry setting
If you are the kind of person who enjoys working in fast pace start-ups and wants to work in a hands on leading role. Along with the chance to work with up and coming, exciting technology the company are offering private healthcare, up to 10% bonus and shares in the company.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position or other opportunities within Bioinformatics and Data science, please feel free to reach out to Charlotte Beasley at email@example.com
Director / Computational Biology / Computational biologist / Bioinformatics / Genomics / Bioinformatician / Team lead / Leadership / Leader / Senior / management / manager / NGS / Cancer / Biology / Life sciences / Biotech / Liquid Biopsy / Data Scientist / Data Science / Programming / Julia / Python / Startup / target identification / Target discovery / Machine learning / Statistics / ML / Stats