Bioinformatician – Cancer
*Cambridge – Flexible working*
This international biotech are looking for motivated computational biologist / bioinformatician to join their growing team in Cambridge. This company focuses on improving the lives of cancer patients by enabling better targeting of therapies, quicker detection of treatment resistance, and regular monitoring of treatment response. They have developed a novel technology that uses tissue and blood samples to detect genetic mutations without the need for DNA sequencing.
They are now seeking a talented bioinformatician to play an instrumental role in the development and implementation of bioinformatic solutions across their product development pipeline. This will be varied and cover the whole pipeline from concept, to development, to clinical validation and product launch.
- Develop and implement pipelines for NGS data analysis and interpretation.
- Design secure, robust and scalable cloud-based tools.
- Provide data analysis support to the R+D team to improve assay performance.
- Develop high quality, maintainable code in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ideally you will have;
- Either a BSc/MSc in Computer science or related field OR PhD in Computational biology / Bioinformatics / related field.
- Proven experience either in academia or industry within computational biology.
- Scientific software development experience.
- Be proficient in either Python/C/C++/R.
- Experience analysing NGS data.
- Be familiar with Software Engineering tools such as Jira, Git, CI/CD.
- It is desirable if you have designed secure cloud-based solutions in AWS before.
- Prior experience with variant calling pipelines for WES / WGS is desirable.
This is a great opportunity for you to take the next exciting step in your computational biology career within cancer genomics. The company are offering a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, bonus scheme, pension, shares options, cycle to work scheme, 26 days annual leave and free physical training sessions.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email email@example.com or phone 01216163466. Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Computer science / Computer Scientist / Data scientist / Computational Biology / NGS / Pipelines / software developing / Python / R / Cancer / Oncology / Cloud / Next Generation Sequencing / Software Development / Next Generation Sequencing / C++ / C / Developer / Product development / Assay / Code / AWS / Amazon Web services / Genomics.