Oxford *Flexible working*
Are you a budding Data Scientist looking to join an up-and-coming techbio?
This young company are looking for a talented data scientist to join their growing team in Oxford. This companies multi-disciplinary approach means they find deeper insights into biological data to inform precision treatment, drug repurposing and drug discovery. This will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of effective care.
As a quantitative researcher you will work to uncover new correlations within large datasets. Ideally you will have a deep passion for identifying and answering questions to help solve real world problems.
In this role you will collaborate with Bioinformaticians to design and develop new programs and algorithms to look for new correlations in large datasets. You will also investigate into existing datasets to explore the data generated.
- Improve performance of the companies core analytical platforms.
- Developing new computational tools and algorithms for large datasets
- Delving into new and existing datasets to explain and explore data composition, structure and sparsity
- Collaborating closely with bioinformaticians to design and develop new tools and products
- Analysing, interpreting, and communicating the results of product testing
Ideally you will have
- MSc or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, or 4+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Previous experience with developing computational tools (Ideally in Python)
- Experience with Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of statistics, data clustering techniques and graph analysis
- Ability to solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Familiarity with relational databases & SQL and/or non-SQL systems (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Familiarity with cloud based environments
This is a great opportunity for data scientist at the start of their career, to work within a diverse organisation, motivated by their passion for personalised treatments. You will be rewarded with career development, courses and training events and a raft of other benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more about this position or other opportunities within Bioinformatics and Data science please feel free to reach out to Charlotte Beasley at email@example.com
Keywords: data science / data scientist / bioinformatics /statistics / Biostatistics / quantitative / maths / mathematics / machine learning / ML / Genomics / Pharma / biotech / tech-bio / Personalised medicine / computational biology / computational biologist / Python / Linux / Chronic disease / Oxford / Oxfordshire /