Data Science Team Leader
* Cambridge *
This company focuses on improving the lives of cancer patients by enabling better targeting of therapies, quicker detection of treatment resistance, and regular monitoring of treatment response. They have developed a novel technology that uses tissue and blood samples to detect genetic mutations without the need for DNA sequencing.
As the company grows in size they are looking to add a Team Leader to the Data Science group, this can be at Associate Director or Director level depending on your experience. This role will involve both line management and hands on, as you will be involved in technology and product development. You will lead the design, development and implementation of biostatistical tools and methods for analysis and reporting of genomic and clinical datasets.
Ideally you will have:
- Similar experience in the life sciences in an industry setting
- Strong previous experience developing novel statistical methodologies, techniques and tools
- Strong programming skills (Python / R)
- Significant experience leading a team
- Experience working with biological data (it is desired to have cancer genomics experience)
- Clear communicator, with the ability to communicate with nonscientific members of the company
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email email@example.com or phone 01216163466. Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Director / Computational Biology / Computational biologist / Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Team lead / Leadership / NGS / Cancer / Biology / Life sciences / Biotech / Liquid Biopsy / Data Scientist / Data Science / Programming /