Bioinformatician - Proteomics
Cambridge – Hybrid
This is the perfect opportunity for a PhD graduate to join a successful biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge who have developed a novel technology platform which they are applying to high-value drug targets.
Following their partnerships with large pharmaceutical companies they are looking to expand their operations significantly over the next couple of years to continue to develop their internal drug discovery pipelines.
For the next stage of this expansion, they are seeking either PhD graduate or a candidate with an MSc and industry experience to play a key role in the future success of the company. You will be building and supporting all areas of Bioinformatics and Computational biology to assist and strengthen the internal programmes as well as the companies’ collaborations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a chemoproteomics data analysis pipeline
- Develop and maintain a database of chemoproteomics data and a web application
- Query and analyse chemoproteomic data, including integration with external data, to select novel drug development opportunities.
Experience needed and preferred:
- Experience needed with analysis of mass spectrometry based proteomics data using tools such as MaxQuant, MSFragger, ProteomeDiscoverer.
- Experience needed querying, and preferably developing, SQL databases using ORM tools such as SQLAlchemy.
- Preferably experience of developing web dashboards and applications for displaying omic data using tools such as Flask and R/Shiny
Ideally you will have:
- MSc in bioinformatics or related subject + 1 years’ work experience or PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or a related subject with experience of proteomics data analysis
- Intermediate or expert level in Python. Preferably with experience of SQL and web development frameworks such as SQLAlchemy and Flask.
- Good scientific communication skills and demonstrated teamworking skills.
If you have experience with proteomics data, SQL experience and some web development experience please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a critical role for the company so if you think you could be a good match please reach out for further information.
Further more if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the bioinformatics and genomics industry, please feel free to contact me either by email email@example.com or by phone 0121 6163466.
Keywords; Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Computational Biology / Computational Biologist / Biopharma / Biotech / Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical / Proteomics / NGS / Nest generation sequencing / Omics / Genomics / RNAseq / Drug discovery / Target validation / Target identification / Small molecule / Pipeline / R / Python / Rshiny / web development / SQL / database / Cambridge / Remote