Bioinformatics Pipeline Developer
*Cambridge – Flexible working options*
This well-established biotech are looking for a Bioinformatician experienced in pipelines development to join their ever growing team in Cambridge. This company focus on developing cancer diagnostics to discover cancers earlier and improve treatment options, giving patients better chance of survival.
They are world leaders in cancer research and the technology they have developed is some of the most sensitive in the world. They are now seeking a talented bioinformatician to play a part in the development of algorithms and pipelines, acting as the interface between Software Developers and Bioinformaticians.
This role will be placed within the newly formed pipeline team which oversees the development and maintenance of the company's production pipelines. You will work closely to deliver support and analysis for pharmaceutical/ clinical collaborations and support the expected increased volume by providing more scalable, robust and manageable workflow.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and scale algorithms and pipelines to production ready, regulatory compliant software products
- Interface between bioinformatic, software development and system administration teams to prioritise and organise work
- Contribute to quality management of the software development process and development of systems that conform to regulatory standards
- Full working proficiency in Python and shell scripting
- BSc/ MSc in fields of computer science or software development or PhD in computational biology/ bioinformatics
- Proficiency in software versioning systems e.g. git
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of NGS data analysis pipelines
- Experience with AWS products
- Experience with algorithm and systems design for parallel computing
- proven track record with development and optimisation in HPC
If you are looking for the next exciting opportunity in your bioinformatics career and have a background in pipeline and algorithm development this could be an amazing opportunity for you. This company are offering competitive salaries, generous bonus, pension, health insurance, and life insurance.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466. Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Pipelines / Pipeline / Algorithm / Computational biologist / Computational Biology / Computer science / Computer Scientist / Data scientist / Computational Biology / NGS / Pipelines / software developing / Python / R / Cancer / Oncology / Next Generation Sequencing / Software Development / Next Generation Sequencing / Developer / Product development / Genomics / Cambridge