Computational Biologist Pipeline Developer
Oxford *Hybrid working*
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to take the next step in the career by joining a well-established leading provider of clinical research and diagnostics solutions. This team in Oxford is looking for a computational biologist with demonstratable experience to join their growing team.
The company’s mission is to aid in the development and progression of genetic-based medicine to allow clinicians and doctors to make the right treatment decisions for patients. As a company they cover lots of therapeutic areas including cancer and rare diseases.
The position will report to the Head of Data Analysis and be an integral part of the Computational Biology team. Your main responsibilities will include NGS pipeline development, methods testing / validation and occasional data analysis.
- Manage Next Generation Sequencing analysis pipelines, including; designing new methods, implementing testing and validation strategies.
- Documenting all processes to a high standard.
- Manage the scientific software packages used by the NGS analysis pipelines.
Ideally you will have;
- A Master’s degree or PhD or equivalent in related field (e.g Computational Biology / Bioinformatics etc)
- Demonstrable experience of developing, testing and managing NGS analysis pipelines .
- A strong background in computational methods.
- Strong working knowledge of NGS command-line tools.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Good knowledge of building and running docker containers.
- Experience using Git or other version control systems.
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone to gain great industry skills and experience, to benefit their career long term. The company are offering flexible/hybrid working, enhanced pension scheme, private health insurance, private dental insurance, and many more benefits and perks.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466. Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Computational Biology / Computational Biologist / Comp Bio / Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / NGS / Next generation sequencing / Python / R / Data science / Biotech / Biotechnology / Graduate / Data analysis / R+D / Cancer / Oncology / Rare disease / pipelines / software / software development / computer science / PhD / Postdoc