Software Engineer - Senior
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a biotech company based in Cambridge who is focused on drug discovery and development for protein-misfolding diseases. This software engineer role will sit in their growing data and analytics team.
You will have three focus areas; the development, optimization and maintenance of custom analytics software packages; the design of data management pipelines for data extraction, transformation and loading; and the design of tools and dashboards to facilitate data retrieval and visualization.
A as senior software engineer you will take full ownership over the deployment of the packages and will also have the chance to contribute to the data science platform in developing methods such as algorithms for high-throughput image analysis.
* Design, develop, refactor, test and debug software packages serving the company's scientific platforms by writing reproducible, well documented, and efficient code
* Define standardised ETL pipelines for data output from a variety of experimental assays (from in-vitro to in-vivo)
* Implement visualisation tools (e.g. dashboards)
* Lead software deployment on on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure
* Optimise/parallelise implementations of computationally demanding algorithms
* Contribute to the design of data science methods for image analysis
* BSc and/or MSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
* Strong computational skills - Python
* Solid background in SQL and database design NoSQL and experience with graph databases is also desirable)
* Previous experience in software deployment on cloud-based and hybrid infrastructure
* Previous experience in digital image/signal processing is desirable
* Ability to understand complex problems and to design and implement novel solutions
* Ability to communicate efficiently with both technical and non-technical audience
This is a great opportunity for an experienced software engineer to grow and develop in a team that is already excelling. The company are offering a competitive salary, generous bonus, private healthcare and life insurance.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email email@example.com or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Software engineer, bio-tech, biotechnology, software packages, data science, pipelines, Python, cloud-based, cloud, SQL, Data scientist, Software developer.