Biotech Software Developer
Cambridge *Flexible workings options*
This is a great opportunity for a Software Developer to join an exciting company that aims to transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the development of precision treatments and ground-breaking liquid biopsy technologies.
The position offers the exciting opportunity to work at the frontier of liquid biopsy-based cancer diagnostics, working closely with the pipeline development team to develop and improve the companies software.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Document software testing plans and protocols covering software verification and validation activities
- Translate software requirements/specifications into test protocols
- Execute all levels of testing
- Collaborate closely with other teams, especially with the pipeline and software development teams
- Generate verification and validation reports, documenting the outcomes of software testing activities
- Work with the IT departments to develop test strategies for the company’s products
- Support development activities of software applications
- Design, develop and improve automation scripts and testing environments
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Contribute to risk management activities associated with the software development process
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Prior experience as a software tester / software developer or similar
- Software development experience in industry
- Excellent Python experience
- Experience with unit testing
- Web development experience
- Experience working with a RDBMS - MySQL
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment
This company is dynamic and innovative and focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced setting. They are offering a competitive salary, private healthcare, bonus and pension scheme.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
keywords; Software developer / software development / Software engineer / Linux / Python / Testing / Tester / Test / Engineering / My SQL / SQL / Senior / Website development / Web Developer / Bioinformatics / Genomics / Cancer / Oncology / Healthcare / Scientific / Science / Cambridge / Computer Science / Computer scientist /