Statistical Geneticist - Oxford
*Oxford - But flexible working options*
This is a great opportunity to join a growing biotechnology company who specialise in the detection of early stage cancers.
The role will be placed in their Research and Development team to drive the creation of new methods for the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. Working with a highly skilled team, at the interface of chemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, and software, you will create and establish tools and methods to enable the analysis of DNA sequence and methylation data in support of their R&D projects and clinical studies.
- Contribute critically to the asap design team by developing novel methodologies and classifier algorithms
- Develop novel methodologies and algorithms for methylation analysis of bisulphite and enzyme-treated DNA from NGS data.
- Provide technical guidance on the design and analysis of experiments during all phases of development.
- In collaboration with the development team, contribute to the code stack.
- Produce high quality written documentation of methods, algorithms, plans, and findings.
- Keep up-to-date with the developing literature for the statistical analysis of methylation data using high throughput sequencing technologies and contribute these insights to the team.
- Interact with external collaborators in the context of clinical trials and pilot studies.
- Contribute to the machine learning efforts of linking DNA methylation and variation data to scientifically/clinically relevant outcome; apply machine learning algorithms to other areas, such as efficient experiment design, as needed.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
Qualifications/ skills required:
- PhD in statistical genetics, applied mathematics, statistics or related field
- Experience working in statistical genetics
- Experience of working with genetic data
- Experience conducting high-quality independent research
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific programming, such as python and/or R
- Preferred- industry experience in the genomics and/or DNA sequencing field; ideally in the cancer field
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at the forefront of the development of innovative cancer technologies. This company are offering a competitive salary and bonus, private healthcare, life insurance and stock options.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01216163466.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Statistical Geneticist, Bioinformatics, Stat Gen, Genomics, Geneticist, Clinical Geneticist, NGS, GWAS, WGS, Rare diseases, Python, R, Cancer, Oncology, R+D, Machine learning, DNA sequencing, Oxford, England.