3 Year FTC
This research centre is looking for a Bioinformatician to join their expanding team of data scientists and computational biologists. You will be involved in applying cutting edge genomics technologies to the discovery of novel disease genes as well as successfully translating genomics into the clinic to inform the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Your responsibilities may include the use of a variety of methods for generating and analysing whole genome sequence data. You will be responsible for developing pipelines and algorithms for the analysis of WGS data from patients with rare diseases, and will need to use your programming expertise to develop and troubleshoot new pipeline elements to improve speed and accuracy of annotation.
Ideally you will have:
- PhD in a relevant field for example Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Statistical genetics
- Post-doctoral / work experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in the analysis of Whole genome sequencing data (including full spectrum of single nucleotide and structural variants, copy number abnormalities, and assessment of variants in non-coding regions.
- Knowledge of publicly available datasets is expected.
- Previous experience with relational databases like SQL
- Experience developing and improving bioinformatics pipelines.
- Knowledge of workflow management systems like Nextflow, Snakemate or WDL
If you are looking for the next exciting step in your career and want to find out more, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email email@example.com or phone 01216163466. Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords; Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Statistical genetics / Statistical geneticist / /Senior / Genomics / Data scientist / Computational Biology / NGS / Pipelines / Python / R / Rare Disease / Next Generation Sequencing / Software Development / Oxford / England / Pipeline / WGS / Whole genome sequencing / Data analyst / Data Analysis / RNAseq / RNA