Head of Bioinformatics
Cambridge (flexible working)
The company helps clients such as hospitals and pharmaceutical companies address big data challenges in genomic healthcare and precision medicine. Their systems are based on ground-breaking technology from OpenCB project as used by the world’s highest profile genomic programmes. The company is looking for dedicated professionals looking to develop cutting edge technology with the potential to change people’s lives.
Headquartered in Cambridge, with a presence in Spain, they are a pioneer in large-scale genomic data management. Its big data technology is designed to enable genomic medicine to rebuild the future of healthcare.
As Head of Bioinformatics they are looking for someone to head up their professional services department and a team of bioinformatics consultants who manage all customer facing work. You will be responsible for a range of activities across pre-sales, implementation, integration, configuration, training, support, performance management and customer service.
They are looking for someone with the following skills/ experience:
- Come from a bioinformatics background and have a slid understanding of molecular biology
- Exposure to cloud technologies and python/R
- You have line management experience and will be able to run a team
- Have a strong record of ensuring that your team have delivered work on time and to budget
- Have strong organisational skills
- Successfully be able to engage with customers
If you are interested in finding out more about this role then please send your CV to Sabrina Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org