Statistical Geneticist- Remote
*This role can be based out of their London office or can be remote in Europe (with some restrictions). *
I am working with a global biotechnology company who is looking for an experienced Statistical Geneticist to join their Clinical Genomics team. The company are leaders in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients living with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
This role will offer an exciting opportunity for candidates who wish to take their expertise in analysing genomic data into the later stages of the drug development pipeline. The primary goal will be to drive the generation of EGS and other omics data within the company’s clinical trials.
This team is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Their teams work on developing first in class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships across numerous clinical and research teams to understand the needs of each trail prioritise where insights from genomic data may be of most use
- Work across a range of disease areas and have the ability to familiarise yourself with the relevant biology, clinical features and genetics
- Oversee the collection and management of genomic samples/data across multiple projects
- Utilise WGS and other omics data to undertake exploratory research
- Identify and develop innovative approaches to the use of genomic data within a clinical trial setting
They are looking for someone with the following skills/experience:
- A background in statistical genetics and analysing large scale genomic data, ideally within a clinical trial environment.
- Industry experience within a similar position and within a clinical genomic team
- Strong scientific skillset and the ability to engage with the relevant clinical teams to ensure the right scientific questions are being asked in each trial and the right samples collected
- Ideally PhD in statistical genetics or a related field
- Experience performing large GWAS and/or analysing whole genome sequence data
- Experience leading your own research projects, particularly those using clinical trial data or collaborations spanning multiple sites/countries
- Analytical skills- R, python, shell- and experience using HPC
- Experience working across a range of disease phenotypes
- Experience using ENA-seq data
If you are interested in discussing this role further then please send your CV to Sabrina at email@example.com